exhaust

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
farmer040
MC crawler
MC crawler

exhaust

Post by farmer040 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:07 am

I recently bought a 450 crawler loader the horizontal muffler is shot . would I be alright rigging up a straight pipe to replace it . or does it need the back pressure. found 450 b muffler on line. ut not a straight 450

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: exhaust

Post by Jim B » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:05 am

In my opinion it really should have a muffler, not just for noise reduction, but to reduce the chance of something getting into the engine through a straight pipe. According to the JD parts catalogs, the non-turbocharged horizontal muffler part number AT19157 for the straight 450, is the same for the straight 450, the 450B, and the 450C. They also list a spark arresting muffler, part number AT24932, and it was available for the same machines. You should check with Lavoy (postmaster@jdcrawlers.com) on this, he sells parts and maybe able to help you out.

If you don't know about the free to use John Deere on-line parts catalogs; you can go to the JD parts catalogs and check things like this. You can look at more than just your machine's parts catalog so you can see it the other series 450's used the same parts, if there are serial number breaks related to parts you need, and often they show part number substitutions/changes. If you don't have a link to JD Parts on-line use https://jdparts.deere.com/servlet/com.d ... nguage=19 . HTH
Jim