450g Torque converter housing leak

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
Dwoodjr
MC crawler
MC crawler

450g Torque converter housing leak

Post by Dwoodjr » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:26 am

First post here. Happy Father’s Day weekend to all. I’ll start by saying I’m quite confident I’ll get a solid answer to my problem. I’ve been wrenching mostly light duty for about 15 years. Working for an excavating company and ran into an issue with our 450g dozer. She was puking some hydraulic fluid out of the torque converter housing. After AIS quoted us around 10k I made the mistake of saying I could do it for half in the same amount of time. :lol: Fast forward. I contacted AIS and order the 4 seals that I thought would be extremely obvious as a reason it would leak. 2 o rings for the converter, one snap ring for the snout of the converter to the oil pump, and the input shaft seal to the trans (75x100x10). I have pictures galore. Motor came out easy, went back in easy. And we still have a leak. Last night the motor came back out, so I could triple check everything and tear into the torque converter housing itself. So, my question. This seems so simple it’s stupid. Torque converter only has two O-rings and the snap ring. The input shaft seal was replaced what else could cause fluid to enter the torque converter housing? I see that there are idler shafts for the gears to drive the pumps in the housing ( I haven’t opened it up just yet) I’ll try to attach a picture but I’m curious if these idler shafts have the threaded holes as a weep hole? Or is there a bushing or bearing the splined oil pump shafts ride on that could be causing it to leak from wear and tear? Any answers appreciated! I’ll be opening up the torque converter housing on Monday!