450E clutch oil manifold/shifting valve

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
matwyukm
MC crawler
MC crawler

450E clutch oil manifold/shifting valve

Post by matwyukm » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:05 pm

Might be a dumb question. Can the Clutch oil manifold/shifting valve be removed (for rebuild/servicing) without pulling the engine or transmission?

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: 450E clutch oil manifold/shifting valve

Post by Jim B » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:34 pm

A question and some info first. Do you have the technical manuals for your 450E? (For reference I am including the John Deere numbers) There are two of them, TM1330OP AND TM1330RE, not one as some have. Also do you have the Operator's Manual. OMT81347 is one edition, there might be other editions of the operator's manual. If you don't know about this resource, you can access the 450E parts catalog (PC2036) for free on line at [url]https://jdparts.deere.com/servlet/com.d ... andingPage[url}. If you don't have the manuals you need to get them. Contact Lavoy (postmaster@jdcrawlers.com). He handles a line of manuals in his store and may be able to help you get the manuals you need. He works on JD crawlers and knows quality manuals and parts for them. Good manuals are not cheap. Beware of some of the reprints and pdf manuals being sold. Quality of some is poor and may be incomplete.

I can't say for sure, but from a quick look at my manuals, it looks like you might be able to get it out with the engine and transmission in place. Someone who has had to pull one will have an answer when they see this.

matwyukm
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by matwyukm » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:49 pm

I have the manuals. My parts manual is a OE manual but the rest are reprints so that is why I asked. Not real clear as you mention.

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Jim B » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:09 pm

Glad to hear you have manuals. If you look up parts in your hard copy, you can then go to the on line one to see if the part numbers have been superseded.

Just to clarify, my answer wasn't based on the quality of any photos in a manual not being clear. It is a case of it would take more studying to see everything that needs to be removed for access if one was to do it in place. The manuals don't describe working on it with the transmission in place, they describe working on it with the transmission out, so one needs to figure out what blocks access to it and what needs to be removed to allow one to work on it in place.