450 c will stall out under moderate load when warm

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
frosty view farms
MC crawler
MC crawler

450 c will stall out under moderate load when warm

Post by frosty view farms » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:06 pm

I have a 450C crawler dozzer that will not push a load when it is warmed up. It is also slow to shift from low to reverse and back when warmed up. The left track is more problematic than the right, it also will stall out climbing a steep pile or my goose neck trailer. I bought the tractor a couple of winters ago, the transmission oil was milky, I changed the transmission oil and filters a couple of times after I fixed the drum plug in the top cover that was bad, oil level is correct and clean changed transmission filter T19044 again and no change to the problem. The problem is not all the time it comes and goes. Machine serial number is 450CC 276337T.
Thanks Jeff
Frosty View Farms Colfax WI

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: 450 c will stall out under moderate load when warm

Post by Jim B » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:37 pm

It sounds like you are referring to the transmission in all this, not the engine, is that correct?. Does the engine lug down or does it run at speed but acts like the transmission is slipping? If you push against something hard like a tree does the right track stay driving, but the left one stops? When you changed the transmission oil did you remove and clean the filter located inside the transmission? What do you have for manuals? Have you done any of the adjustment procedures or done the pressure checks? What did you use for oil?

frosty view farms
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by frosty view farms » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:02 pm

Yes Jim I am referring to the transmission, the engine loads a little compared to neutral if i am up against a tree, If up against a tree the left track will stop before the right but both will stop. Yes I cleaned the filter screen in the transmission each time I changed oil, I found no evidence of clutch or brake material on it, I used John Deere Hygard for oil, yes we adjusted the steering levers after we fixed the hydraulic hose to the RH clutch. I have an operators manual, parts manual and a tech manual on order. I have not done any psi checks yet as i am not sure were to start.
Thanks Jeff

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Jim B » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:18 pm

I would suggest doing the clutch valve adjustments and check pressures once you get the tech manual to go by. Doing the diagnostics and adjustments should eliminate (or at least minimize) just guessing what it might be.