Just bought a 350b Loader

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
GunnyJeeves
MC crawler
MC crawler

Just bought a 350b Loader

Post by GunnyJeeves » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:35 pm

I just bought an old (I believe 1974) JD350b loader.

It "was running when parked" and the radiator was stolen from it. They cut the hoses and ripped it right off. Rest looks good considering everything. Undercarriage is great shape.

I can get the radiator handled but there are a couple things I expect to have a hard time finding.

1. The engine cover. It's gone.(figuring between finding a used one, vs fabricating something, vs buying a new one.)
2. The hydraulic hoses I'd expect to replace too before I use it. Do you get these or kind of "make them up" from generic 3000 psi hose and the right fittings?

I'm new to this but seemed like the best info might come from here.

Any info on sourcing parts and stuff would be a huge help. I'm in Georgia / Alabama.

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: Just bought a 350b Loader

Post by Jim B » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:46 am

Most people just take the old hose(s) to a place that makes hoses and have the hose(s) duplicated. 3000 psi working pressure hose should be fine for your machine. Hydraulic shops and auto parts stores are common places to get hoses made in most areas. Equipment dealers often can make hoses as very few have brand specific fittings.

For parts check with Lavoy, his store provides this site for us to use. Email postmaster@jdcrawler.com or call 701-361-1006 during Central Time Zone business hours. Someone may post the names of some salvage yards in your area when they see this. You can web search for equipment salvage yards in your area.

DrLoch
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by DrLoch » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:47 am

Does it have a serial number tag on it? If so, you can get the year of it. You're gonna need some manuals as well. Look through some of the pother post's to find a link, or PM Lavoy.

Hose's will from whomever you can get hoses from. I've used Aeroquip and Parker but I'm in the Hydraulic Industry and to be honest I didn't the much of deal if any. That business has a very high mark-up. More often than not we users (or Losers depending on how you look at it) generally pay list cost for hoses. When I replaced all the hoses on my Loader it cost me close to a grand so be prepared.

If they stole the radiator did they remove the nose or do you have that?
450C Track Loader
291457T

DrLoch
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by DrLoch » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:48 am

JIm B your fast on the keyboard....... :o
450C Track Loader
291457T

GunnyJeeves
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by GunnyJeeves » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:58 am

Thanks!

I will check on salvage yards. As for taking the hoses off and getting them crafted, was hoping to get them made up as a set, then take em off and replace them in one go.

Should be a fun ride getting this thing going again.

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Jim B » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:12 am

You would have to ID the hoses for diameter, length, and fittings used for each location and make a list, if you want to have them made before removing the old ones. The loader parts catalog on line shows at least some hose diameters and lengths, not the fittings needed. A JD dealer has (or can get) access to information of fittings they need if they make the hoses.

Here is a link to the 350B loader parts catalog: https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/nav ... ment/69452. You will need to search through it to find the right pages for your loader as there are differences in bucket hoses, depending on the bucket your loader has.

Here is a link to the crawler parts book: https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/nav ... ment/66201

Keep your machine serial number handy as sometimes there are production changes which are ID'd by serial number. The loader may have a tag with its own serial number, not all did.