555G all of a sudden have no battery power

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
billkennis
MC crawler
MC crawler

555G all of a sudden have no battery power

Post by billkennis » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:28 am

Just had a issue with the tractor with a (no move problem) got that figured out, now won't turn over are start.
yesterday started tractor like normal, moved about 15 feet, raised front off ground with front bucket, to check protection plates under unite and found
the small one under the area where the pumps, and drive shaft is located missing and a small peace of brush in it remove brush and
went to start tractor, think i heard a sound but now nothing, batt good 12.9v dc, kill switch checked good, no voltage in dash area, checked 3 fuses mounted in that area 2 checked good 1 bad but it looks to be for lights, this tractor has no light. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: 555G all of a sudden have no battery power

Post by Jim B » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:48 am

Your post should be on the Late Models Board, and will likely be moved there.

I would start by looking for and checking all the plug together electrical connectors, Any in the area you found the brush? Somewhere one may be partially unplugged, check behind the engine at the console wall as well since you say there is no power at the dash. Did you get the technical manual(s) discussed in your previous posts yet? It should have some electrical schematics and troubleshooting that could help you.

billkennis
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by billkennis » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:37 am

i did get a 1404 pdf manual, has some things but the other manuals are so expensive, hoping to get some help are insight from the forum.
i know you mentioned the other person on the message board here asked him about a manual, he did not have one available.
and what i am seeing on ebay and others are around $500 to $800

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Jim B » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:12 am

They did the manuals for those like my 450E, split the info into two manuals; I had to get both, and yes they are expensive. You will need to get the TM1403 manual to go with your TM1404. ($330.26 is the download price I see on the JD tech Publication site) If it is like the 450E manual it has more test, performance, and diagnostic information than the repair manual, which is more focused on how to physically make repairs.

Hopefully someone with a 555G will come along with more info for you. In the meantime as I posted before, I would start checking every connection in the harnesses, basic electrical diagnosis with a voltmeter. The parts book shows 3 circuit breaker, one is for the main circuit has it, or one of those, tripped and not reset? Rule out the simple things first.