350CE Alternate Serial Number Locations

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
airguardian
MC crawler
MC crawler

350CE Alternate Serial Number Locations

Post by airguardian » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:23 pm

Is the serial number for the 350CE wide track stamped on any location other than the tag riveted on the outside of the battery box? I am not able to read all the numbers on the riveted tag. I am still scratching my head on the E designation on these 350C models. I have seen the E on standard track and wide track crawlers with six way blades. All were govt forestry crawlers that I have noticed the E designation. Any idea if part of the relife program?

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: 350CE Alternate Serial Number Locations

Post by Jim B » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:39 pm

Front of the battery box is the only location shown for the 350C machine serial number.

The serial number tag breakdown is as follows. If your tag starts 350C it is the old style tag. If it has a "TO" before the 350C it is the new style tag. 350C is the model. After the 350C there will be a letter designating configuration "E" means Diesel, inside bulldozer. Next will be the six digit machine serial number. If there is a letter like "T" after the six digits it is the old tag and "T" means John Deere Dubuque Tractor Works (The T or TO on the new tags means that as well. They show a "W", in the configuration spot, designates wide track. I expect this was only used on crawlers with no blade or loader just as a "J" in that spot designated a drawbar crawler. This info comes from the introduction section of the JB parts catalog for the 350C.

https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/nav ... ment/82118

HTH

Jim

airguardian
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by airguardian » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:13 pm

Thanks Jim. That was some very helpful information. I was looking at the forum before I posted my question an I noticed several questions related to the E designation. All of the forestry 350C units were diesel so that explains the 350CE. My data plate is so scratched up like it was sand blasted at one time. I acquired a 350CE wide track with six way blade, PTO, and 3pt lift from a state forestry commission. It looks more like a snow cat than a dozer. The state agency had a bush hog behind it and it has 1020 hours when they sold it. I purchased a 350D from the Alabama Forestry Commission that had 988 hours and was only used on a state tree nursery for road maintenance. The 350D is a sweet machine and I've had many tempting offers by the locals.

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Jim B » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:48 pm

Most of the JD on line parts parts catalog have a similar introduction section, which is handy for locating and deciphering the serial numbers.

NWJD fan
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by NWJD fan » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:42 pm

Have you tried doing a rubbing on your ID tag? Hold some paper over the plate and lightly rub a pencil over it until entire plate area is shaded grey on the paper. This may reveal the number stamps

CatD8RII
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by CatD8RII » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:34 am

The serial number should be stamped on the right rear on top of the transmission case. There are two sets of numbers on top, one is the pinion depth center line measurement, the other is the last 6 digits of the machine serial number. Probably have to scrape some paint off to uncover it.
Some battery boxes also had the number stamped behind the tag, but not all of them (for whatever reason)