Vandalism guard and tool tray insert for the left box

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
B Town
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: Vandalism guard and tool tray insert for the left box

Post by B Town » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:13 am

Good morning oldmetalmender,

My original and your copy of the vandalism guard look amazing. Thank you for your talented work, including the extra work to make my OEM cover look new.

Your replacement fits extremely well. It is as snug and tight as the original. I say it is an exact copy. The steel is the same thickness and spot welded just like OEM.

Much appreciated,

Bruce

PS. Definitely interested in 2-3 tool trays(depending on $$). No hurry, I understand you have not received Stan’s tray, yet. Sounds like there is some interest with other members

oldmetalmender
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Re: Vandalism guard and tool tray insert for the left box

Post by oldmetalmender » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:57 pm

It was a fun project. Thank you Bruce for sending me the part. I'd have to think twice and be assured my part was going to come back for me to do that with someone I did not know. So thank you for trusting me with it. And sorry about the flag or tang being a shade long. To fill everybody in, The flag that tucked into the throttle slot was 1 inch and should have been 7/8. It touched the side cowl casting and kept the cover from seating properly. Once cut back it fit like it should have. So Bruce, I can send a very small amount of the black cerakote that was left in the bottom of a very small nalgene container. You could touch up the cut edge with a small hobby brush and discard the rest. Please let me know and I will send it if you wish.

And onward to the tool trays. Please see the other post as I have some detail to report.

Cheers,
al
1969 JD 400 backhoe
1975 JD 450C crawler SOLD to a neighbor
Beloved wife Elizabeth Ann Temple murdered by covid on October 19th 2021