350B Reverser rebuild

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
cabbott
MC crawler
MC crawler

350B Reverser rebuild

Post by cabbott » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:17 pm

Can someone give me advice on what I would be getting into rebuilding my reverser on a 350B. I pulled the drain plug on reverser and it was so full of slug that I had to break it loose with screw driver to drain it. I have rebuilt the engine and tracks and don't think I want to put it back together with out checking out the reverser. It is a 1973 model and has set for 20 years. If you know a good place to buy reverser parts please provide. So for I have found numerous after market parts in this rebuild. And would like to save as much money on this as I can.
Thanks Chester

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 350B Reverser rebuild

Post by Lavoy » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:49 pm

Not rocket science, just kind of a pain in the ass. If you have the parts and service manual, and do it correctly, not a bid deal. If you have the engine already out, maybe cheap insurance if you plan on keeping the crawler.
Some parts are obsolete, but all in all not bad. I have discs, and some of the bearings on hand, not an issue to get the rest.
Lavoy
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com

cabbott
MC crawler
MC crawler

Re: 350B Reverser rebuild

Post by cabbott » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:16 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. I have all the manuals for this machine, service, operators, and parts. Just wanted some idea of what I was getting into. I have rebuilt the engine have most of the parts in to rebuild final drives and clutches. Tracks were in 80% condition but sprockets were worn and lower rollers were pretty bad so replaced them. Biggest problem I had on the rebuild is broken bolts, they have been a pain in the neck. Still working on some of them.
Thanks Again
Chester