450C dozer hydraulic leak

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
capxyz123
MC crawler
MC crawler

450C dozer hydraulic leak

Post by capxyz123 » Mon May 25, 2020 7:03 pm

Dropped the bottom guards and found a leak in the pressure output line of the hydraulic pump. This line is between the hard nose and the hydraulic manifold. Part number AT52883. To get this line out it looks like the hard nose comes off, the return line comes off, and I'm wondering if I have to pull the engine.
This thing is buried deep in the side rail and is about 6' long.
Anyone have any hands on experience with pulling this line? How much disassembly is required?
In the parts diagram it's part #18

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: 450C dozer hydraulic leak

Post by Jim B » Tue May 26, 2020 10:00 am

I will admit to no hands on of that line. I have been involved in some in similar locations on other equipment and don't ever remember having to pull an engine to get a line. Sheet metal, supports, mounts, other lines, and accessories removed, yes. I won't say it wouldn't be easier if the engine was out. Many repairs are no fun and how to do it for things like this are often not in the manuals. The writers leave such to the mechanic. Is the leak in a place you can access? Tubes have been brazed and other repairs made in place if the tube can be cleaned out and exposed. I think you will find many have been replaced ("abandoned in place") with an appropriate sized and rated hydraulic hose run to replace it.

Hopefully someone who has replaced that specific line will be along with better info for you.

capxyz123
MC crawler
MC crawler

Re: 450C dozer hydraulic leak

Post by capxyz123 » Tue May 26, 2020 11:49 am

Thanks for the reply. This thing is truly buried. I'm going to pull the nose for a start. I havent found the rear connection to the reservoir yet.