Rossa Master leak

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
Jason37756
440 crawler
440 crawler

Rossa Master leak

Post by Jason37756 » Wed May 27, 2020 8:32 am

I got a slight leak (but a big mess) coming from the throttle lever. Is this just a simple o ring on this shaft.

I don't know if I should pull the top off the ip or if the shaft can be pulled without removing the top.

I don't have the numbers for the pump, but figure most are the same and far as the throttle lever.

Jason

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: Rossa Master leak

Post by Jim B » Thu May 28, 2020 5:49 am

The parts book will show you all the seals. There is also a JD manual SM2045 and Roosa Master/Stanadyne manuals available if you want to do it yourself.

My personal choice (I know others will say different, that is their call and I respect that), I would remove the pump and have it gone through and set up by an injection shop, injectors as well at that point. If the numbers are missing, they will be able to identify it and be sure they have the right parts. If it is leaking there, it is likely it should have attention in other areas, like the pellethane ring. I have had some training on pumps and injection systems over the years and I could change the seals, but don't have all the special tools to go through it right or the equipment to calibrate a pump or pop check the injectors. For a pump now and then, the tooling to do things right would be more than the cost of a shop doing it. Just my opinion and choice; each to his own.
Good luck whatever you decide.
Jim