Dumped my hydraulic fluid, am I damaging my pump?

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
nelstomlinson
430 crawler
430 crawler

Re: Dumped my hydraulic fluid, am I damaging my pump?

Post by nelstomlinson » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:06 pm

Thanks for the part number, JimB. I'll try to get something suitable for the use eventually, but for now I have a chunk of radiator hose that kind of fit. I'm setting myself up for the exact same problem to happen again, of course. I'll try to get about a yard of the good stuff from Alaska Rubber and maybe this fall I can do a bit more work on the old beast, and head off some problems that are obviously coming.

Looking at the diagram you linked to, it shows a steel pressure line from the pump back to the valves. Mine has a pressure hose from the front to the back, so there has been some jury-rigging besides the radiator hose on the supply line.

Anyway, I got the old pig working again, and was able to smooth some ground, then tore it up again getting some stumps out of the garden, then moved a couple of backhoes out of the garden, all in preparation for building a fence to keep the moose from eating my wife's broccoli. We're building an 8' tall, 80'x120' fence. I'm hoping that will give us enough space to grow stuff that the moose like. Next year I aim to put in a bunch of honeyberry plants.

We'll eventually get another area cleared for stuff they won't bother, like taters.

DrLoch
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Re: Dumped my hydraulic fluid, am I damaging my pump?

Post by DrLoch » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:59 am

If you are looking for a line that is Flexible, take a look at this https://ph.parker.com/us/en/multipurpos ... -z-form-mp

E-Z Form MP Oil Resistant Flexible Suction Hose, Multipurpose, Series 7219

Have had good results with it in tight areas.
450C Track Loader
291457T