Full service on old 350B

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
KenS
MC crawler
MC crawler

Full service on old 350B

Post by KenS » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:39 pm

Hello all. I recently purchased a 1971 JD-350B crawler The original owner bought it brand new in 71 and became ill shortly after and sadly past away. The machine hasn't spun a track in over 40 years and has under 1300 hours on it. I'm seeking knowledge on how and what I should do to start off on the right foot. What I've done so far * flushed fuel system * installed new fuel filters * removed and sent out injector pump for rebuild * rebuilt water pump * freed up hydraulic drive disconnect* changed engine oil and filter * new air filter * greased everything I could find * flushed radiator* changed winch oil filter * Is there anything else I'm missing ? I'm also trying to find a service manual for this unit but its not very easy for me here in British Columbia. What oil should I use for the hydraulic system, the reverser, and winch reservoir ? Thank-you all ….I really enjoy this forum

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: Full service on old 350B

Post by Jim B » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:27 pm

I believe this page from the 450B manual should be the same as the 350B would be. Basically the hydraulics, reverser, and winch should use Hy-Gard or an UTHF meeting the John Deere J20C spec.

You should check with Lavoy (email: postmaster@jdcrawlers.com). He sells manuals (and parts from his store, which provides this site for us to use) and can likely help you with getting the right service manual. You should get the Operator's Manual which details services and intervals, as well.

NWJD fan
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by NWJD fan » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:13 pm

Your local Brandt Tractor dealership should be able to get manuals for you. There is a filter in the reverser behind the plate on the right hand side of the reverser sump. I think the reverser and transmission each hold 9 quarts or litres of Hyguard or J20c spec equivalent fluid. JD undercarriage grease for track tensioners and grease lubricated rollers and idlers is no longer available. Use John Deere corn head grease instead. John Deere parts catalogues are available to view online through through jdpc.deere.com

KenS
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by KenS » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:52 pm

Thank-you !