JD555 Crawler Loader

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
johnzag03
MC crawler
MC crawler

JD555 Crawler Loader

Post by johnzag03 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:16 pm

We have a JD555 crawler loader that I do not have a manual for it. I have purchased three on line and none look like our machine. It has a Hinson Cab and the fuel tank feed is under a door on the left side with the batteries. A typical John Deere hydraulic filter is located on the right behind a bolted plate. It has a seat that would work with a backhoe. None of the books have this configuration and I can not find any serial number on it. I am thinking it is behind the after market cab. I would appreciate any help in identifying the machine's age and owner's and/or service manual.

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: JD555 Crawler Loader

Post by Jim B » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:34 pm

Welcome to the Board. Just an FYI, your 555 post should be on the late models board and likely will get move over to there.

If yours is a 555 or 555b it sounds like yours has had some special modifications, which you might not find in the parts catalogs or manuals. The 555s up until the G series would have had the serial number tag/product identification tag on the front panel of the battery box, visible from the ground. The G and after had them on the left side cowl support from info I've seen.

More info will be needed to help Identify it. Some questions to start with. What manuals do you have (publisher name, manual name, and publication number if they have any)? Yours should have the powershift transmission. 3 or 4 speeds each direction? Where is the fuel tank and its filler?

Someone with a 555 may be along with more info, but yours sounds like some of the pictures, on line, of a 555G. Search John Deere 555G and look at the images on line.