John Deere Dealer that ship

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
77 Ford
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

John Deere Dealer that ship

Post by 77 Ford » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:14 pm

I'm looking for a john deere construction dealer that ships parts, that I can use the national online john deere ordering to use. Currently I cannot see anyone but Murphy construction and they will not ship online orders.
JD- 450C track loader
Serial #208336T

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: John Deere Dealer that ship

Post by Jim B » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:30 pm

I'm not sure, but I think anything like national on line ordering dropped along with the John Deere Parts home page on September 14, 2020. For anything beyond being able to see the parts catalogs, with no pricing or details, now they tell you to contact your dealer to order through. It looks to me like you would need to find the closest dealer to you, that will ship parts, work out ordering on line through them, and set up an account with them. I have accounts so I can order on line, if I want to, through both dealers' sites (AG and Construction are different dealers) and they will ship - if I want to pay the price (its cheaper for me to go pick things up).

Some think part of the reason it was dropped is dealers weren't all charging the prices shown with the JDparts:Homepage, some apparently are charging more, plus incoming freight on all orders even stock orders. I haven't seen it where I get parts, so I can't personally confirm that. My Ag dealer told me JD is supposed to be working on something to take JDparts:Homepage place when I asked him about the change where I can't see if they have something in stock or not, much less the price as I could before. I use the parts catalogs and make my parts list and email or call it to one of the parts guys for price and availability, so I know what the status is. That's just my view of the system at present. Sorry, not much help to you.

LeonardL
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by LeonardL » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:03 pm

Have you tried Martin Equipment here in Missouri? ( 573-657- 2154 ) There in Ashland and Palmyra. There is also Erb Equipment. They're here in Missouri as well. Here is the number for them at their Cuba store. ( 573-885-0500 ) I think Jim is right though. My son works for Heritage Equipment in Jeff City and he said they stopped doing the national system for Ag parts. It's been a while since I last asked him about it but I don't think any of them are doing it right now. I will ask him to be sure and let you know if he knows anything. They sell the construction skid steers and the small back hoes so he may know something different by now.
40 plus years working on JD 350s, 400Gs, 450s and other equipment both Ag and Construction.

77 Ford
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by 77 Ford » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:09 am

Ironically my local ( 15 miles from me) ag dealer will do online order and ship but they cannot sell construction parts. My local construction (60 miles) does virtually nothing online and will not ship parts online at all. It's very irritating in this modern age not to be able to order parts online and have them shipped to your house.
JD- 450C track loader
Serial #208336T

LeonardL
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by LeonardL » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:37 am

I assume you're referring to Heritage Ag and Murphy Construction? Murphy is not the place they once was. They used to be great at customer service and would bend over backwards to help in whatever way they could. Now not so much. I would try Erb first and then Martin. Martin used to be Tri-State. Same company just a different name.
40 plus years working on JD 350s, 400Gs, 450s and other equipment both Ag and Construction.

77 Ford
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by 77 Ford » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:04 am

Follow up:

Yes Martin sells online and ships direct but they had to cancel my order because I'm in Murphy's territory. I literally cannot buy these parts and have them shipped to my house unless I buy them from Murphy who does not do online direct ships. I have to order the parts and drive an hour to pick them up. I have no words as to how frustrated I am.
JD- 450C track loader
Serial #208336T

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:34 pm

Why not just call them on the phone, talk to a parts guy, order the parts "Machine Down", and have them shipped directly to you? On a machine down order you are going to pay freight anyway, so no real difference. My local dealer can do it, there is no reason that one of them can not as well. The dealer I worked at could do this 20+ years ago, that part of the system has not changed to my knowledge, I have been told very recently by my dealer that they could still do it if I wanted.
Lavoy
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com