DKSdozer
MC crawler
MC crawler

Adding a 2nd directional control valve

Post by DKSdozer » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:36 am

I have a 1979 JD450C Crawler Loader
Open center existing bucket control valve
Hydraulic pressure enters the valve as you would expect
Out the other side of the valve it is plumbed to a high pressure hose that connects to a cross connection on the bottom of a cross.
One side of cross goes directly to tank, the other two side of cross are connected to return lines from the existing directional control valve
There is an electrical connection to the center of the cross. What is it's function?

Can I connect an additional directional control valve between the bottom of the cross and the existing directional control valve?

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: Adding a 2nd directional control valve

Post by Jim B » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:59 am

A little more info may help, what are you trying to do? What is the second valve going to control and how many spools is it?

If you are looking to add something like a grapple to the bucket, I think you should be able to find another valve section and add into your existing stack valve.

boaterri
430 crawler
430 crawler

Re: Adding a 2nd directional control valve

Post by boaterri » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:55 am

Building on Jim B's thought, My 450Ctrackloader came with an unused spool on the side of the control valve set for the bucket. It is capped off just waiting for hoses and a handle to be attached to control a 4 in 1 bucket or grapple.