350C replacing Hyd hoses to left angle cylinder clamp problem

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
abdiver
40C crawler
40C crawler

350C replacing Hyd hoses to left angle cylinder clamp problem

Post by abdiver » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:08 pm

I got 2 new hyd hoses made up yesterday I installed them on the cylinder, the other ends are caped and not yet screwed into the steel lines as I am am in the process of installing the block guides, but I have possibly run into a slight problem as I would think the block guides would or should clamp down over the 2 hoses secure enough to grip the hose. It doesn’t, the forward block guide the one nearest the blade, the rear block guide seems to perhaps grip the hoses slightly snugger but I wouldn’t swear to it. Now that I wire brushed the rust off the block guides, (I think they are actually called clamps, they are cast, 2 halves they clamp together with one bolt, the hyd hoses sandwiched in between them) the guide on the front of the dozer frame is not held into the doze frame and it will move forward I would imagine that if both block guides snugly gripped the hoses then the block guides could not move. Hope I am making sense . It looks like the front guide would be held in place by of the rear guide and the rear guide is kept from falling out by the gripping force of the Front guide

I will measure the diameter of the old hose vs the new hose to see it the are the same OD. I am thinking of taking some friction tape or electrical tap to rap around the hyd hose so it is a large enough OD to be held securely by the block guide. Maybe a bicycle inner tube would be better than tape. I placed anti seize on the block guide surfaces that contact the doze frame so they will be easier to remove. Next time.

dtoots1
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: 350C replacing Hyd hoses to left angle cylinder clamp problem

Post by dtoots1 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:50 pm

hi, sorry to see no response as yet, tho am sure some of the350 guys will get to you yet...

i have a jd440ic and it also has the hose clamps, located in the blade arms..admittedly the hoses are older and appear to be fairly tight in the front clamp, but it is aways from arm where hoses come thru and the clamp in backside sits fairly tight. they both seem to be doing what they should as watching them they allow the hoses to move a bit as the different cycles are gone thru on my six way blade......i.e. i believe they are supposed to be able to move a bit.

will be interesting to see if my assumptions prove out.