350C Dozer Transmission Capacity ?

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
abdiver
40C crawler
40C crawler

350C Dozer Transmission Capacity ?

Post by abdiver » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:17 pm

I understand the transmission Capacity for my 350C is 10 gallons. I pulled the 5 drain plugs and allowed them to drain overnight, so it should be empty. When I got to pouring in gallon number 7 the hyd fluid started flowing out of the fill tube! I am assuming it's just a venting problem and if I wait awhile it will take the additional 3.5 gals to equal 10 gallons. Yes, I am filling the rear most dipstick, behind left heel. Or do I need to start tractor and move it to allow Tranny to take more fluid. Thanks Bill T

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: 350C Dozer Transmission Capacity ?

Post by Jim B » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:47 pm

I may be wrong but I believe the 10 gallons is the transmission, steering clutches, and final drives. It will take time for it to run out to those compartments when filled through the transmission dipstick port. On my 450E there are fill ports for the steering clutches that can be used if everything is drained to speed the fill up. The dipstick port is used after the initial fill to top it off once the compartments equalize. The 450E Operator's Manual says 8 gallons in the transmission and 3.5 gallons in each steering clutch. I would expect similar info, with the appropriate quantities, for a 350C; however I don't have that Operator's manual to read. What does your Operator's manual tell you?

Also remember not every bit of oil may have drained out so the 10 gallons may be a bit plus or minus.

abdiver
40C crawler
40C crawler

Re: 350C Dozer Transmission Capacity ?

Post by abdiver » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:41 pm

Manual states on Pg 55 of Operators manual (OM-T70343) Issue C0
Add oil specified on page 39 to transmission filler hole Capacity is 10 Gallons (37.8 L).

I finished placing the entire 7 gallons into tranny will finish my radiator install and then see if I can place another 2 to 3 gallons in it. Before starting it, and will double check dip stick at that time. Thanks for the reply. Bill T