Throttle cable routing and bracket pics?

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
RAAAID
40C crawler
40C crawler

Throttle cable routing and bracket pics?

Post by RAAAID » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:51 am

I'm replacing the throttle cable on my 450 because someone used the wrong one.its to long. And jambing. I got a new one but not sure where it's routed out of the firewall. Also there's a bracket off the manifold that holds the cable near the injection pump that green so not the proper one. Hoping someone can take a pic of the bracket and where the cable comes out to the engine bay to help me figure this out. Thanks

B Town
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: Throttle cable routing and bracket pics?

Post by B Town » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:36 am

I have not mastered pic posting here, but if you PM a cell # I can text a couple pics after work

The cable (starting at the Injection pump) travels straight back from the injection pump level to under the angle bracket at the mid exhaust portion. There should be to slotted holes in the bottom of the angle. The slots allow movement to the left or right of the machine(about 1”). The holes are facing down to the ground. There should be a two piece clamp with a bolt that goes through one or the other slot(which ever one lines up best with the inj pump lever).
The cable continues toward the firewall and will pass though a vertical slot, the slot is about 3/4” by 1 1/2”. This slot is just to the rear of the fuel return line(where it transitions from a hard line to a rubber hose).
Once through the firewall it will take a sweeping turn under the left and then right floorboards. The cable will come out from under the right floorboard in the front position. The cable will the turn up to mount directly in front of the air cleaner canister. It should be mounted to the machine with a J bolt and a small flat plate to squeeze the cable in the J bolt, while held in the J bolt with the small strap. The J bolt will pass through the the firewall at the right rear valve cover area (where the wiring harness comes from the operator stations to the engine compartment. The nut for the J bolt is a bugger to start, you can guess how I know.
Best regards, Bruce