little help please

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
Pyrochase
MC crawler
MC crawler

little help please

Post by Pyrochase » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:16 pm

I just bought a 555-a loader and it has a 3325 winch on it.

I need a manual for the winch. I have been able to pull out the cable and get it to retract (it is very weak ie would not pull my truck) but it is spraying out fluid out what seems like a weep hole or pressure release (maybe). This was on what would be the "drivers" side.

Thanks
Chase

B Town
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: little help please

Post by B Town » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:09 am

Weep hole on the bottom side? If so it sounds like the left side of the case is contaminated with oil. This side is supposed to be dry. It has a dry brake band around a clutch drum. Either the seals on the clutch piston have leaked or more likely the small slave cylinder for the brake band has leaked. Either way the winch will not work as intended. Left side needs to come off. Definitely agree on getting a manual. Parts and service

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: little help please

Post by Jim B » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:21 am

Welcome to the Board. Yes, the Web Links Board was the wrong place to post this. It will likely be moved to the Late Models Board when a moderator sees it.

I don't know of a separate manual for the 3325 winch. The winch info, for the model winch the factory used on a machine, is usually included in the Technical Manual for a machine. You need the technical manual for your machine. The info for the winch is in the Technical manual (TM1292), for the 550A and 555A, according to its index. Lavoy sells manuals, he may be able to get a copy of that manual for you, email him at postmaster@jdcrawlers.com. There should be adjustment and lubrication info for it in the 555A operator's manual.

You can find the parts info for it in the on line parts catalog (PC1889) for the 555A. Here is a link: https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/nav ... ment/63983