Digitup

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
jboettcher
40C crawler
40C crawler

Digitup

Post by jboettcher » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:31 pm

Hey Digitup
I finally got around to working on my 555A crawler loader. You hit it right on the button as to what was proberly wrong. The right hand streeing clutch pressure hose (internal) was ruptured. When we rebuilt the final drive we did not tighten the set screw/bolt into the clutch drum. I'm putting things back together now. New hose etc. I actually thought about pulling the clutch pack out to see if clutches were good but choose not to. It pulls good. However, after you have pulled these things down once by yourself you finally find out how they work and its not to bad, just time consumming. As a matter of fact I'm glad I pulled the fuel tank because not only did I find all the grease and dirt in that area, I also found my fuel lines (both) were badly kinked. I'm going to fix that and check everthing else while its handy to get to. Any recommendation.

Thanks for all the help. Myassitis

digitup
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by digitup » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:38 am

No recommendations yet but when visiting under the tank area look things over good . I have put too many hours on those old girls in the shop let alone on the job pushing dirt .Watch those fuel lines for damage and rub spots up closer to the engine also . If your tank is still off check it for dirt inside.We built a unit to clean out the fuel tank a few years ago when a competitor sabotaged a tank full of fuel with peat dirt.On one of the drainage plows that unit sure comes in handy now but the sediment catch on the bottom of those tanks will fill with dust and bung off the water drain.So watch that .Digitup.