What year 450 do I have?

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
E7450
MC crawler
MC crawler

What year 450 do I have?

Post by E7450 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:03 am

So I picked up what I believe is a straight 450 with loader. Tag on dash is model E7450 s/n 003132U. I wanted to purchase a water pump rebuild kit and fan belt for it and the JD dealer said not a good model....this E7450 is the tag attached near the dash..so and information on this model would be a help to me. I read somewhere to treat it as a straight 450. The engine tag reads M53TE s/n 050458T. I found JD has parts manuals posted online for 450 crawler dozer but not much on 450 crawler loader are the tractors parts the same? Thanks in advance.

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: What year 450 do I have?

Post by Jim B » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:32 am

Welcome

The E7450 number is just for the loader attachment. The loaders had separate model and serial numbers from the crawlers, during those years. The engine number is good to have but won't work either to get the year either. On a straight 450 the crawler serial number tag you need the numbers from should be on the front of the panel, below the seat, about behind your right calf if you were setting in the seat. They were located there until some point partway through the 450B production run when it was moved to the outside of the front panel of the battery box. If you find a couple 1/8" holes about 3" apart horizontally, in one of those areas, your tag is missing.

Using the JD on line catalogs, if you search 450 the crawler catalog is the first in the list, that will cover the crawler itself. About the 4th choice down from it is 450 Loader, Crawler. That is the parts catalog for your loader. Other manuals you will need to purchase, if you don't have them. I suggest you check with Lavoy if you need those as he and his business provide this site for our use, so it is good to support him when possible.
Jim