racingjoe66 350B Loader

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

racingjoe66 350B Loader

Post by Jim B » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:12 pm

Here are some pictures of racingjoe66's 350B Loader. I think he will be along to fill us in with more details.
Jim

racingjoe66
40C crawler
40C crawler

Re: racingjoe66 350B Loader

Post by racingjoe66 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:05 pm

Thanks Jim for posting for me!! I did end up buying this crawler loader, I wish the kid wouldn't have painted as the factory paint wasn't in that bad of shape. But is what it is. Seems to be a nice little machine. What do you all think?

77 Ford
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by 77 Ford » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:58 pm

It's always a little hard to tell after they get the dupont tuneup.

However the sprockets and pads are both excellent. I'd guess the links are good as there is a ton of travel available in the adjuster on both sides. All the rock guards and sheet metal is present.

It needs about 3 tubes of grease shot into those pivot joints on the loader, it could be front the paint but those look really dry to me. I like mine oozing grease 24/7.....

If I were you I'd starting looking for a ROPS for it. I can't tell you the number of times I've had large heavy objects end up on top of my ROPS that would of been inside my skull if it were open top.

Looks like a pretty solid machine and welcome to the madness that is old JD iron! You're very fortune your 350b puts you in the late model group, we're way better than those early model people(they're just not right).
JD- 450C track loader
Serial #208336T

racingjoe66
40C crawler
40C crawler

Post by racingjoe66 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:11 pm

Yeah the kid I got it from I think had a little ocd or something. Every piece of equipment he had sitting there he repainted. Which this crawler really didn't need the make over at all. The sprockets and pads and links are all in excellent shape. All the pivot points on the loader are oozzing grease like crazy, trust me, you can't touch the loader or lean on it without getting grease all over you.

As for the track adjustment, how do I go about correctly checking them and tightening them up? As they look loose to me.

I am trying to find a rops for it for sure. If I am unable to find one then I will have one made for it. On the back which of the holes are used for it?

Thanks!! I had looked at older ones that were closer to home but they all sold fast. This one was a little out of my budget and further from home but was in better shape than all the rest I looked at. And so far I like this group of guys on here, very knowledgeable and ready to help out!! It is a pretty solid machine. Needs minor work here and there but nothing too bad. Leaky injector line was loose tightened that up and its good. Now I have found the radiator has a small crack on top so going to solder or braze that up. To get to the radiator, do I just tilt the front grill / hood forward? I see 2 bolts holding a flat stock with a pin on the end keeping it from going forward, the other side one like that is missing. And I assume the 3 or so bolts above that bracket need to come off as well?

racingjoe66
40C crawler
40C crawler

Post by racingjoe66 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:39 pm

I was just out seeing what gauge lights worked and also how much light the 2 headlights put out. I noticed when the lights are turned on the oil pressure gauge pegs out, turn it off and then it goes down to operating pressure. Any thoughts on why that would happen?

77 Ford
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by 77 Ford » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:35 am

racingjoe66 wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:39 pm
I was just out seeing what gauge lights worked and also how much light the 2 headlights put out. I noticed when the lights are turned on the oil pressure gauge pegs out, turn it off and then it goes down to operating pressure. Any thoughts on why that would happen?
Well the gauges work off a fluctuating ground is it possible it's a grounding issue? Maybe the lights are trying to ground thru the sending unit?

The tracks look adjusted pretty close. If you lay a straight edge over the idler and the sprocket you're looking for 1.5" to 2" of sag.

I've never tried to tilt my nose and actually work on anything. I just pull the nose it takes about 20 minutes once you figure it all out. I've been threatening to make a walk thru on that for years. I'll try and get it done very quickly. FYI I'd guess that nose weights 500 pounds or more, be very careful with it.
JD- 450C track loader
Serial #208336T

racingjoe66
40C crawler
40C crawler

Post by racingjoe66 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:52 am

I've noticed the nose looks pretty stout and heavy. That's why i've asked before I attempt it and either get hurt or break it by dropping it. Any help there would be great. I'm going to be starting with all the grounds first then checking all the wiring for any bad spots.

The operators book I got with the machine I found in there it says the sag should be 7/8" - 1/1/8", is it better to run it a bit loose with the 1.5" - 2" sag?