3315 winch question

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
Trucksareford42
MC crawler
MC crawler

3315 winch question

Post by Trucksareford42 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:46 am

I have the chance to buy this winch for 1000$ and the log arch for 500$ I have a 350b loader. Is the winch missing anything to make operate? Is this a decent price? I keep seeing stuff about a control valve but I’m not sure if it’s on this or not. Thankyou
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 056109010/

B Town
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: 3315 winch question

Post by B Town » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:19 am

Good morning,

First, prices vary from region. But I can tell you the log arch is nearly worth the entire asking price in the Midwest.

If you did not see the winch work, consider it to need work/rebuild. The winch in the link has the suspect square type rotary valve( it is the small square control valve on the crawler side of the winch with the hydraulic hose from the filter). At one time, there were no parts to rebuild that valve, which had a notorious reputation. I am not certain, but the parts to rebuild may now be available. Regardless the arch is definitely valuable. And the winch has value, even if for parts. I see it has the control lever and cable. Looks like it is complete bolt on ready for a 350.

You will need to confirm your machine has a winch drive. If your machine does not, you should negotiate buying the winch that was coupled with the winch.

https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sid ... gId/182801

The coupler is present on the front of the winch input shaft, another necessary item.

Upon closer look, the winch on the pallet doesn’t appear to be the same one mounted on the crawler with the arch. The paint on the left quill case is different and the cable is different. Just saying, may not make a difference

Best regards, Bruce

Trucksareford42
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by Trucksareford42 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:46 pm

Thankyou so much for the info Bruce

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Jim B » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:10 pm

I agree with Bruce that it looks like two different winches. Or the pictures were taken years apart.

It looks to me like the control cable is broken. Part of it is visible connected to the rotary valve with a tail hanging out on the right side of the winch.

Does your crawler have the power shaft to drive a winch already installed? If not you will need to do that.
Jim