JD 350b transmission

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
moparmack
MC crawler
MC crawler

JD 350b transmission

Post by moparmack » Mon May 17, 2021 8:47 pm

I wont to change fluid in transmission on my JD-350b loader. Could someone tell me what to put in it? I have been told 90wt. and also 303 tractor fluid.

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: JD 350b transmission

Post by Jim B » Tue May 18, 2021 6:03 pm

Welcome to the board.

You should use a Universal Transmission Hydraulic Fluid. Hy Gard is the name of the current John Deere fluid. You can use other brands, Like TSC's Premium UTHF. Any of the UTHFs look on the label to see if it says the fluid meets or exceeds John Deere spec J20C. That should be on the label. Do not use oils claiming to be 303. That is a very outdated formula JD had that used sperm whale oil as a component. Since sperm whale oil is no longer available it can't be reproduced and most oil labeled as 303 is junk, in fact some states have banned its sale.

If you don't have manuals for your machine, contact Lavoy by email (postmaster@jdcrawlers.com) or call him. He sells manuals and his business provides this site for us to use. You need to be aware like any manual the oil specs in effect at the time of the original printing may have changed but it is not updated when the manuals are reproduced. That is the case here with 303 not being Hy Gard (J20C), nor meeting that current spec.

And there is a filter inside the reverser that will need to be cleaned/changed if you aren't aware of that.
Last edited by Jim B on Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Clark
40C crawler
40C crawler

Re: JD 350b transmission

Post by Clark » Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:39 pm

I use 90 two in my 350 B transmission.. been in it for a year and seems to run cooler and no issues