Wire harness JD 350 ?

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
The Jug
420 crawler
420 crawler

Wire harness JD 350 ?

Post by The Jug » Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:36 am

Hello I've got my work ahead of me with this john Deere 350 resurrection . I'm looking at the wire harness old one is junk and needs replacement . So my question would be are they available or am i better off building my own any advise or words of wisdom with this would be great .

1968 JD 350
model T$F3D
ser# 070582T
engine type MU31F
ser# 106008T

LeonardL
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: Wire harness JD 350 ?

Post by LeonardL » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:35 am

Hey... sorry for the late reply on this. I would check with Lavoy here on this site first. He may have a line on a new wiring harness or a select used one from salvage. Now, that being said I have been building my own from scratch. There isn't that much to have to make and you can do away with that pesky bulkhead connector at the dash panel in the process. In building your own just make sure you use the same gauge or slightly larger gauge wire for each circuit. On a couple of customer projects I've done they even wanted a fuse panel installed as well. Good luck!! :D
40 plus years working on JD 350s, 400Gs, 450s and other equipment both Ag and Construction.

AddamsonFlint
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by AddamsonFlint » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:35 pm

I can't speak to the purchase options, but the wiring was simple enough, I just said F-it and ran new single wires for the lines. There's an L-bracket harness connector point. I actually just drilled it out and ran new wire through, keeping the same/correct hole locations. Some cable ties, clean-up work and it was done.

I actually just put up a post related to wiring. In it, I've got google drive links to the wiring section and diagrams, if you could use that.

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:23 pm

I don't believe new are available, sorry.
Lavoy
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com

The Jug
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by The Jug » Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:59 am

Thanks all ! That puts that one to bed as far as trying to find one .Now I need to decide if i can or will come up with idea for bulk head or delete it as was pointed out . Only good reason is to make easy for service on pulling engine maybe trouble shooting and realistically there isn't much there . But being a master electrician i also recognize that this is also a weak spot . Ill be chewing on this a bit if i come up with good idea and parts list ill be sure to post it . Thanks again ! Also need to decide if original tach Guard and hood latch are worth the chase . 8)

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:55 pm

If you have part numbers, email them to me at postmaster@jdcrawlers.com, I can do some digging. Sometimes I can find some NOS stuff laying around.
Lavoy
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com