Bucket-return circuit delete help needed for my 350C rewire op

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
AddamsonFlint
420 crawler
420 crawler

Bucket-return circuit delete help needed for my 350C rewire op

Post by AddamsonFlint » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:26 pm

Hey guys,

I just went through and did a much needed rewire on my 350C. I found the pressure switch coiled up behind the dash, and the bucket-return disabled, which actually I was veeery thankful for- I fucking hate that function. So, re-ran all new wire, cleaned everything up, reset the gauges in the dash, and fired him up.

However, I'm stuck in the bucket down position, and it won't move. The bucket circuit is a stand-alone off of the ACC post of the ignition switch. So, I don't think there is anything dependent upon it. Nevertheless, here I am.

I'll put a google drive link below to my crawler-electric folder, and the electrical section of my technical manual. The first couple pages have the simple gauge schematics and diagrams.

I also put some side-by-side quick reference setups in there with the graphics and wire codes list paired together for easy tracing :) I am far from an electrical guy but learning. I'm thinking it's something basic in the diagrams I just don't see, but don't know what I don't know.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Tech manual and other files:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... QBiACIhl6i

B Town
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: Bucket-return circuit delete help needed for my 350C rewire op

Post by B Town » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:33 pm

I had to re-read your post. At first I thought you had re-wired the return-to-dig. But after reading, it is not? Correct. So it must be something mechanical in the valve/spool?
Best regards, Bruce

AddamsonFlint
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by AddamsonFlint » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:45 pm

No, simple is good lol. But so, let's say I never want it, so it can be always open. So maybe I need some simple u-bridge wire between two points to complete the circuit? But if I never put that circuit back in, I don't know what I would be gapping.

AddamsonFlint
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by AddamsonFlint » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:55 pm

I just put a picture in the Google drive folder in the link up top. I think I have to repower the solenoid, which is currently closed. But I wonder if then I can depower open, and just leave it unhooked.

B Town
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by B Town » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:59 pm

My 450C has the function inactivated. It looks like they just unhooked the solenoid.

B Town
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by B Town » Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:05 pm

I just looked at your last picture. That is exactly how my machine looks, solenoid unhooked. And my machine is not stuck in bucket down. I suspect something else is to blame.

AddamsonFlint
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by AddamsonFlint » Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:38 pm

I don't know if this added context possibly matters- but I just finished also re-running the entire hydraulic system. Maybe when fully drained, that solenoid valve/flap/ball/etc closed? Because, I can't think of another culprit not allowing my cylinders to move.

B Town
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by B Town » Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:55 pm

Yes, that info is helpful. So back to the basics. Coupler and hydraulic drives in front of crankshaft are in good operating condition(splines not stripped). The drive is spinning the pump? Usually this style of system self-primes, but your system has to be nearly bone dry with all new hoses. Have you purged the hyd. system to prime the pump/hoses? Can you confirm there is pressure from the pump up to the valve bank? Has the hydraulic filter been serviced? Finally, all of your hoses have been routed properly?

When you cycle the handles for the bucket and loader function(s), does it feel normal?

Hope this is helpful, not trying to be over simplistic. But as I said back to the basics.

Bruce

AddamsonFlint
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by AddamsonFlint » Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:50 pm

So, part of the complete system overhaul was an entire new pump. New coupler, new hoses, new fittings, front to back top to bottom. 1" supply and 1-1/4" return, 36 GPM high flow pump, and yeah...it's pumpin' :D lol.