new to the 450c crawler need help died and won't crank?

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
Mikesloud
MC crawler
MC crawler

Re: new to the 450c crawler need help died and won't crank?

Post by Mikesloud » Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:41 pm

Buckhorn wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:30 am
Sounds electrical if the starter won't crank.
Found this on this forum. Looks like there's a safety switch, and a neutral switch.

http://jdcrawlers.lcent.com:8000/johnde ... CN0093.JPG
i looked in service book , but no good pics just the diagram , anyone have a pic of these safety's inline , power and safety and harness its in?and where they are , what looks like? i want to start there to see if getting power past it?
thanks

B Town
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by B Town » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:32 pm

Here is the neutral safety switch in the parts book (#14).

https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sid ... gId/170974

As mentioned earlier, it is under the left floor board. You will need to remove the two bolts holding the floor board, then the floor board itself. The switch is the only electric equipment under the floor board on the left side. Follow the range shifters and the HLR levers down to this area.

For clarification, the neutral safety switch is listed officially as a start-safety switch in the other thread that has been copied and pasted above.

The circuit breaker behind the instrument panel would be a good place to trouble shoot as others have mentioned. To get to mine, I disconnect the battery, remove the bolts from the four corners of the instrument panel and fish for it, found mine on the right side.
HTH, Bruce

Buckhorn
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by Buckhorn » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:55 am

You should edit your profile and add your location, there may be someone near you to look at it with you.

You need a test light or volt meter, and start checking the test points in the wiring diagram. It's for a 450B,
but it may be the same. Start at the battery, then both sides of the circuit breaker, then both sides of the ignition
switch with the key on. Then check for power on both sides of the push button with the button held in. Then the power should
be on both sides of the neutral start switch, again with the push button in.(You may need to jump the push button unless you
have a helper or 3 hands). Then with the button in and it in neutral, you should have power to the starter solenoid.
If all this checks, the starter should spin. I believe you check the starter by jumping the solenoid. With the key off, use a heavy
screw driver and short across the terminals on the starter solenoid. If the starter is good, it should spin over.

If anyone sees an error in this reply, please correct me.

Pete

Southern
MC crawler
MC crawler

Need Motor

Post by Southern » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:58 pm

I have a 450c loader and was seeking advice on what would be my best route. Was clearing some brush and somehow a branch had made it past my guards and punctured oil filter and before we noticed the dozer just stopped all at once. Was wondering if y’all thought It would be better to pull engine and rebuild or just try to find a used motor and stick back in it. If so I have read on here of people using compressor engines to put back in them. If I could find a good running machine with a clam bucket I would buy it and just use mine for parts. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I have read several posts here and believe there are a lot of knowledgeable people on here
Thank you

DrLoch
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by DrLoch » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:37 am

Southern,

You should start your own thread so it is easier to track any answers and comments.
450C Track Loader
291457T

Scottyb
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Post by Scottyb » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:20 pm

"so I started it and it started for a second, then died again"

......here's a longshot but, this happened to me.

If this crawler has hydraulic hoses in the back for an attachment then they need to be connected to each other or it wont run for more than a few seconds at best. The hoses may have came apart. Open loop hydraulics. The oil must flow or it will kill the engine.
450`s c-dozer 6 way, b-loader.
350`s c-loader + ripper, b-loader with winch arch. B-loader with dozer pads
backhoe attachment.
1010 loader with forks for round bales
a few 610 Bobcats. many attachments

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Jim B » Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:32 pm

Well the original poster, Mikesloud hasn't signed in since July 21, 2021; so we don't know if he ever found the problem with his crawler or not.

Southern tagged on to this post looking for an engine and hasn't posted since.