JD Track Loader

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
Herb Richards
MC crawler
MC crawler

JD Track Loader

Post by Herb Richards » Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:30 pm

I have just purchased a JD 350 and I know nothing about JD track loaders. The ser# is E7350004126T What year is it? What options does it have if any. The ser# tag is located on the right side on the dashboard. I haven't received the unit yet, in transit. There is a neutral-reverse-forward lever on the left side of dash. The shifter on the floor has 1-2-3-4- labeled. I would like to know who to buy the best manual for the unit. I've done a little info searching and I saw where to make sure to get the correct manual before doing any work. I've worked on trucks for 30 years but never a Crawler, so I might need help if there is anything wrong with the unit, I hope not.
Thank You,
Herb

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: JD Track Loader

Post by Jim B » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:20 pm

Welcome to the board.

The serial number you posted is just for the loader attachment. There is no list, at least published to the public to relate that number to a year.

From the JD 350 parts catalog here is the info on the locations of the crawler and engine serial numbers.

"THE BASIC CRAWLER TRACTOR SERIAL NUMBER PLATE IS LOCATED ON THE FRONT PANEL OF THE SEAT.
THE ENGINE SERIAL NUMBER PLATE IS LOCATED BELOW AND TO THE REAR OF THE FUEL PUMP MOUNTING
BOSS ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THE CYLINDER BLOCK."

If the crawler tag is not on the panel below the seat look for 2 holes, about 1/8" diameter and 3-4 inches apart, about behind where your right calf would be if you were setting in the seat. The tags were there for the 350s and early 350Bs during the production of the 350B the tags were moved to the front panel of the battery box. If by some chance the 2 holes are in that panel it would be a later model 350B. A clue to getting close to the year when the tag is missing.

Lavoy, the owner, and provider of this site for our use, works on the early JDs and sells parts and manuals for his store. I will suggest contacting him to see about getting the right manuals, once you are sure of which series 350 it is. Over on the FAQ Board is a post with manuals for different machines listed. You should at least get the Operator's Manual and the Service Manual. You can get a hard copy of the parts catalog or use the on line one at jdparts.com. The loader will have a separate parts catalog from the crawler.

Herb Richards
MC crawler
MC crawler

Re: JD Track Loader

Post by Herb Richards » Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:49 am

Jim B.
Thank you for the info. As soon as I receive the unit I'll check to see what I actually have. Hope for the best.
Herb R.