JD 450D No HLR Clutch Pressure

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
Deere4430
MC crawler
MC crawler

JD 450D No HLR Clutch Pressure

Post by Deere4430 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:21 am

We have a JD 450 D that will build no pressure for the transmission, what originally happened was an oil leak developed leaking out of the bellhousing soaking the engine clutch in oil, dozer would spin the tracks if pushing hard there was no slippage at all. we pulled the engine replace the engine clutch, oil seal in the tube, replaced the tube as it had some scarring, replaced the oring in the pump, inspected all the front cover, replaced every plug in the front cover. upon inspection my dad pulled the plug where the plunger sets and shims are added, he pulled on the plunger and a little snap occured a spring and steel ball fell out, we replaced them in the cover as we thought they went reassembled and had 45 psi and could not get anymore no matter how many shims ect were added. we removed the plunger thinking the ball was in the wrong place put the ball in the bottom of the hole instead of on top the plunger , we then had the same oil pressure could not get anymore, finally pulled everything back apart and i put the spring and steel ball in a hole that sit almost perfect to where the grove in the plunger was , and it seemed to be as he described it have tension and the little snap when he first had pulled it, we reassembled again and now can only get 5 psi and we are at a loss as how everything was fine and now no matter what we do it changes nothing, im sorry for all the details but i figured the more you guys knew the easier it would be to maybe get some ideas .

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: JD 450D No HLR Clutch Pressure

Post by Jim B » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:58 am

Welcome to the board.

First question is do you have the technical manual TM1291 for it? There are adjustments related to the engine clutch and HLR clutch valve and you need the manual to set them right. Not saying that alone is the problem but could be a factor.

Deere4430
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by Deere4430 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:59 am

Yes sir. I have the factory service manual and operators everything has been adjusted to factory specs and still don't have anything.

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Jim B » Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:56 am

This is sounding like the mystery ball in a post about a year ago. Review the attached post and see if anything in it relates to yours. What does your front cover look like? Does it have the item key # 3, plug?
http://www.jdcrawlers.com/messageboard/ ... =8&t=13652