John Deere Series 350C Winch question/s

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
bigfoot2180
MC crawler
MC crawler

John Deere Series 350C Winch question/s

Post by bigfoot2180 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:38 pm

Hi, can anyone tell me if ALL JD #3315 cable winches are compatible with my 1978 JD 350C? Thanks to your member who steered me away from buying a Model #3305; that would have been a costly mistake on my part. What additional parts would I need to attach a # 3315 winch to the rear of my dozer; bolts, brackets, hydraulic hoses, hand control lever, Morse control cable, etc. Still looking for a good running takeout or preferably a rebuilt JD #3315 winch with fairlead and logging arch for a reasonable price ($4K range). Thanks again. Ken.

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: John Deere Series 350C Winch question/s

Post by Jim B » Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:18 pm

Good evening,

Just an FYI. This post will likely get moved to the Late Models Board as it relates to a 350 series. This board (Messageboard Q&A and Announcements) is for questions and comments related to function of the boards and related announcements.

I replied to your first post and posted the link to the 350C parts catalog so you could see the winch and related parts, like the mounting adapters. You will need to compare those drawings with what you see on you crawler. If it never had a winch on it, you will likely need everything. The 3315 winches should be the same. Whether or not the winch you find has the mounting adapters and hardware with it will depend on how it was removed. The winch is a self-contained system, no connections to the crawler hydraulics. A rotary control valve is mounted on the winch with a handle beside the seat and a Morse cable back to the winch valve. If it is one with a spool valve control it will have hoses between the winch and spool valve, which may be mounted under the seat, operated by a handle connected with a Morse cable. If removed properly those things should be with a winch. Does your crawler have the winch drive shaft installed? If not, you will need those components. And it may not be as easy as just slip a shaft in, if the coupling to accept it is not already in the transmission. The PTO and winch shafts are different, as shown in the parts catalog.

The TM1115 Technical Manual for your 350C should have info on the winch in it. If you don't have a copy of that manual, email Lavoy (postmaster@jdcrawlers.com) or call him at the phone number on the homepage during CST business hours, I believe he has them available through his store. Adding your general location to your profile so the guys have an idea of where you are might get some leads close to you. Do you have a distance from your location you are limiting searching to, or are you willing to pay shipping for one?
Jim