Moving 350B onto a trailer(not running)

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
stanpt69
MC crawler
MC crawler

Moving 350B onto a trailer(not running)

Post by stanpt69 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:45 am

Good Morning all! New to this Messageboard. Looking to buy a crawer 350-BB Serial Number 142271T, The crawler has been sitting for about 5 years, the owner passed away, but stated that it needed an injection pump. Recently it was able to be started with starting fluid, but would not run further. Fresh diesel was put in. So, first questions, what is the best way to determine if the injector pump is indeed bad? If it does need an injector pump, how difficult are they to replace or rebuild?

Second question, if we cannot start it, what is the best method for loading it on a trailer. thanks for anyones help or suggestions

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: Moving 350B onto a trailer(not running)

Post by Jim B » Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:12 pm

The past owner said it needed a pump. It has set for 5 years; pump internals can seize in that length of time. You could crack the lines from the injection pump loose at the injector ends and see if it is putting fuel out when the engine is cranking. Keep body parts clear because if it is pumping, high pressure fuel can be injected under the skin leading to serious injury, even death. If it needs to be removed the service manual will give instructions on positioning the engine, timing wise, prior to removing the pump. If you buy the machine, contact Lavoy right away and buy a service manual, if one doesn't come with it. You will want one and also the Operator's manual and a parts catalog. The pump should go to an injection pump shop for service to be repaired and calibrated after repair. It is a good idea to service/replace the injectors as well. The shop I use will match the new injectors to the pump.

As for getting it on a trailer. The blade may lift with just the starter. If not, you can jack/lift it up and secure it up with chains or such (move the blade control lever to lift as you raise the blade or you will fight the hydraulics. As long as the tracks are free it should roll when in neutral, so you can winch it on or use another machine to push/pull it.

dtoots1
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by dtoots1 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:01 pm

Also...add your location to your profile, access is in the drop down box where you login to crawler site...others may be nearby for help

stanpt69
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by stanpt69 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:38 pm

Thanks, im in Fort Myers, Florida

DavidG
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by DavidG » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:22 am

Don't know if you got the crawler loaded and moved but I needed to do the same thing last year on my dad's 350C. I borrowed a 14k bumper pull equipment hauler trailer from a work colleague and was able to get it done. The big thing is having a winch and a snatch block. The existing winch on the trailer was having problems and stopped working right of the bat so I had to make a trip to town and got the same 9K one from TSC. I also got a 20K snatch block and with a good battery, was able to pull it right up on the trailer. One thing I did was us a piece of telephone pole as a roller to change the pull angle and protect the edge of the trailer when the tracks were just getting on the ramps. After the first winch failed, I had to use a come-along to lower the crawler down the ramps to start over again. That was not fun. Be sure to have enough chain and binders to anchor at each corner and one for the blade and some wooden block for chocks on the tracks.

JD350C that, as my Dad says, runs, but doesnt move

jimmydiesel
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by jimmydiesel » Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:55 pm

I hauled this 1010 home in December, the engine is bad so it had to be pushed on the trailer. When I got it home I pulled it off with the bucket on a JD410 backhoe. Easy on and off.
440 ICD 602 Blade 3Pt.hitch.
440 ICD 602 Blade Gearmatic winch.
440 ICD 604 6 way Blade Carco winch
440 ICD 831 Loader
440IC 831 Loader
1010c Diesel 612 6 Way Blade
North Central Washington State

crawling
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by crawling » Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:05 pm

I've been in a similar spot with a tricky injector pump situation. When I had to figure out if mine was bad, I started with the basics - checking for fuel leaks or weird noises. It's a bit of a detective game, honestly. If you're not super familiar with injector pumps, maybe get a mechanic to take a look.

Now, about loading it onto a trailer, if it won't start, a winch or another vehicle to pull it might be necessary. I had to use a winch once, and it was quite a workout. Make sure your trailer's up for the job. I’ve browsed through used trailers marketplace in the past and found some sturdy options that didn’t break the bank.
Last edited by crawling on Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

crawling
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by crawling » Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:56 pm