450C Idling High

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
captncrawler
MC crawler
MC crawler

450C Idling High

Post by captncrawler » Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:48 pm

I have a 450C that has a ROOSA Master JDB Injection pump that the plastic washer was coming apart inside and clogging the return check valve. I set the timing on the engine then removed the pump. When I remove the throttle cover it looked like someone filled it with coffee grounds. I took the pump apart and cleaned everything replaced all o-rings , seals ,and gaskets reassembled. Installed pump back on engine (all marks and dots lined up) Bled injectors and fire her up. It ran great (Better than ever) but the idle is high (probably around 1500 rpm's a guess since the tach is broke). My question is there any idle speed adjustments internally on the pump (meaning where the tie wires are). I removed the throttle linkage from the arm on the pump and it is all the way back in the lowest throttle position. I was wondering if I put the cam on the throttle arm shaft on the wrong side of the notch when I changed the o-rings.

LeonardL
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: 450C Idling High

Post by LeonardL » Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:02 am

Check to make sure you have the trim screw at the bottom of your pump on the correct side. If you have it positioned on the wrong side of the pin then it will idle high. Also did you make sure you kept the rotation of the pump oriented correctly? That will cause issues.
40 plus years working on JD 350s, 400Gs, 450s and other equipment both Ag and Construction.