filter #'s

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
MrT111
MC crawler
MC crawler

filter #'s

Post by MrT111 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:39 pm

I want to do a full service on a 450 jd crawler loader recently purchased, Theres no vin, but was told by previous owner was 68. no numbers on old oil or fuel filters and would like to do complete service. I have service manual SM2064 that shows where every filter is but no numbers, i need parts cat. with part # or maybe some one knows them ! Thanks for any info.

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: filter #'s

Post by Jim B » Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:22 am

Good morning,

This is a housekeeping thing but, you will have better luck if you post questions like this on the appropriate board, which for 450 would be the "Late Model Board, where it will be at the top of the list to be seen rather than buried part way down the list on this board. That is where the operational/maintenance type questions like this should be to get best exposure and help. This thread will likely get moved over to that board when Lavoy or a moderator see it.

You will need two parts catalogs as during the early years of the 450 the crawler and loader (or blade) each had their own parts catalogs. The loaders had a prefix of 7450 on the ID/serial number tags in them, but that number was not used in the parts catalog title. The hydraulic info including filter info is in the loader parts catalog, not the crawler parts catalog, even though it is inside the tank in the crawler arm rest compartment.

The JD part number for the straight 450 crawler parts catalog is PC 922450 Crawler Tractor (with 3320 or 3325 Winch). Here is a link you can click on to get to it at the JD site online. https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/nav ... ment/64777. Note the TRANSMISSION OIL FILTER inside the HI-LO-REVERSE TRANSMISSION is a screen element that can be cleaned as long as it has not suffered damage over the years. Originals may have been metal and I think the replacement ones are plastic now.

The JD part number for the parts catalog for the loader on the straight 450 is PC 927 JD450 Loader (for the JD450 Crawler Tractor). Here is a link you can click on to get to it online as well. https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/nav ... ment/65555 . You will note there are two hydraulic filters shown and you will need to match up yours once you open it and compare things.

You can check with Lavoy he may be able to get hard copies of these through his store.