350c tilt cylinder hose

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
mike22
MC crawler
MC crawler

350c tilt cylinder hose

Post by mike22 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:23 pm

Haven’t been on here in a long time. I have a blown tilt cylinder hose. It’s the one that is at the bottom of the cylinder I haven’t looked real hard but was wondering the best way to get to the fitting to change it Please forgive my ignorance

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: 350c tilt cylinder hose

Post by Jim B » Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:38 am

You don't say, so I am guessing you have a 6305 blade and that one has the tilt cylinder barrel inside a "box". It has been years since I changed one but, if I remember right, you pull the pin(s). You may be able to do it by just pulling the bottom pin. I don't remember if there is clearance enough to let the cylinder hang out the bottom to get that lower hose or if it has to be pulled out the top. Either way you will want some blocking and maybe a jack to position the blade. With some blocking and using lift and angle functions the blade can be tilted some when the tilt cylinder pin is pulled. Be very aware of pinch points as the blade will be free to tilt when the cylinder pin(s) are removed. If this is not what you are asking about, please provide more info (dozer model, loader, etc.).

mike22
MC crawler
MC crawler

Re: 350c tilt cylinder hose

Post by mike22 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:43 am

It is inside a box. That is what I was thinking that the cylinder needed to come out. I’m pretty sure it’s an original hose on a ‘78 350c. Very much appreciated.