350C oils

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
Cuzz
420 crawler
420 crawler

350C oils

Post by Cuzz » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:33 pm

Guys, I've got so many questions about my new toy (350C) that I believe I can keep you busy for a while if you are willing. I haven't got a manual yet but I can see that I really need one. So I will just ask the ones I need answers to the most.

Two dipsticks in the floorboard: I assume the one under the air cleaner on the right is the transmission and the other at my left heel to be the reverser. How did I do?

I know John Deere has their brand of oil for that but can I use something else?

Also, what goes into the final drives?

Thanks guys,
Cuzz...

srs_mn
430 crawler
430 crawler

350C oil

Post by srs_mn » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:16 am

It's the other way around; the front one, under the air cleaner, is for the reverser, and the other one is for the transmission, steering clutch, and final drives. Everything on that machine, except for the engine, takes the same oil - JD20A or an equivalent trans/hydraulic oil.... any oil distributer can sell you the equivalent. The engine uses any series 3 diesel engine oil... there should be a lube and oil chart under the left armrest, but it's possible it got worn away over the years.
srs_mn

Cuzz
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by Cuzz » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:37 pm

Thanks for the info. I saw the chart under the arm rest but it has paint overspray bad enough that you can't read it. Guess I will try to clean it off and get a manual.
Thanks,
Cuzz...

My wife says I never listen to her.... or something.