LEAKING SPOOL VALVE.

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
Cle Elum John
440 crawler
440 crawler

LEAKING SPOOL VALVE.

Post by Cle Elum John » Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:29 pm

Hi
I have a 450 straight with a Drott 4way. The bucket spool valve is leaking out the aft side of the valve. It looks like it is coming out of the diaphragm on the rear cover (bonnet cover). Boom or bucket valves, it is the same part. Is there a source where these can be purchased? Is this a standard part that a hydraulic supply store can replace? I have done a couple of internet searches and come up with almost nothing. There are a couple of aftermarket suppliers that can replace for about $15 and $25 shipping. They have no pictures so I am not sure if ordering one will actually get me the part I need.-

Those are the only leaks I have found and it functions well. Maybe someday I will rebuild the whole control system. Just not today.
John
Reporting from the Peoples Republic of Washington State.

LeonardL
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: LEAKING SPOOL VALVE.

Post by LeonardL » Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:55 am

I don't recall exactly since it's been a long time since I last looked at the valve in question. I think they are made by Gresen and shouldn't be hard to find kits for. I would try Deere first of all and then a good hydraulics place next.
40 plus years working on JD 350s, 400Gs, 450s and other equipment both Ag and Construction.

Cle Elum John
440 crawler
440 crawler

Re: LEAKING SPOOL VALVE.

Post by Cle Elum John » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:48 pm

Thanks Leonard.
I was hoping to find way to tracking down the part number and just doing a swap. The JD parts list is not much help. I guess I will have to take it out and find a hydraulics guy. I have a place that can supply generic seals and stuff but I don't know how they will do with hardware specific parts.
Thanks again.
Reporting from the Peoples Republic of Washington State.