JD 450B

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
ChadS
MC crawler
MC crawler

JD 450B

Post by ChadS » Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:26 am

Hi, new member here. I recently bought a JD450B track loader. I purchased it to help in reclaiming our family farm we took over. Main use in my mind will be fence row, field edge clearing and some trail maintenance. I can see some light dirt work a possibility in the future.
I am going into this blind but capable of doing required work as my paying job is as a mechanic. I know it needs at least new chains in the future and possibly pads as well. It comes with a hydraulic winch and log arch that looks like it was hardly used. I’m not sure I have a need for this setup and I’m considering removing it and selling. Is there a market and value to it?

In my limited google research it looks like they go for quite a lot of money. Also in my limited knowledge[url][/url] I could see a ripper being much more useful in my intended use tgan the winch.

Im always open to any and all suggestions and comments. Thanks in advance.

LeonardL
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: JD 450B

Post by LeonardL » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:14 am

Hey Chad... Welcome to the board and welcome to the madness!! I kept hoping one of our loggers would speak up and say something to you about your Log Arch but so far they haven't come forward. I would think it is worth quite a bit if it is in good shape and good working order. For what you are wanting to do a ripper would serve you better for sure. Again welcome to the board and hopefully one of these logging guys will help you know what your log arch is worth.
40 plus years working on JD 350s, 400Gs, 450s and other equipment both Ag and Construction.

ChadS
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by ChadS » Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:52 pm

Thanks for the welcome, I was starting to think I was the black sheep or something😁. I don’t necessarily want to get rich from the winch or arch but I’m not going to give it away. I don’t have the tractor home yet to really test the winch but it went in and out when I looked at the machine and the arch is not beat up. That’s about the extent of my knowledge on these things.

77 Ford
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by 77 Ford » Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:53 am

Welcome to the world of heavy equipment where fingers are smashed and wallets are bare! It's a blast !!
JD- 450C track loader
Serial #208336T

LeonardL
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by LeonardL » Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:59 am

I echo 77 Ford!! It is a blast! Got the crooked fingers to prove it too!! :shock: :D No one is a black sheep here. We may not always answer but it will not be because we think less of anyone. So hang around as I'm sure someone will be interested in your stuff. Or at least give you an idea of worth.
40 plus years working on JD 350s, 400Gs, 450s and other equipment both Ag and Construction.

ChadS
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by ChadS » Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:27 am

Thanks, I’m a bit excited to get started. Maybe my currently crooked digits will get straightened out)😁