New/ rebuild injectors

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
Bobonh
40C crawler
40C crawler

New/ rebuild injectors

Post by Bobonh » Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:41 am

I am looking to replace injectors on a 4219 motor anyone know of a decent alternative to jd factory injectors?

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: New/ rebuild injectors

Post by Jim B » Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:32 am

If you research it, you will find John Deere doesn't make the injectors, they might be selling you actual Stanadyne, or other injection manufacturer components. I suggest using a local injection service shop. They are going to sell good parts, can pop test them, and are there for support if there is a problem. Lavoy could likely get you a good set as well.

Bobonh
40C crawler
40C crawler

Post by Bobonh » Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:16 am

Thanks Jim. Got rain water in the intake, injectors already out, have fuel in the oil per analysis,tore between repair or replace don’t see any markings on the old injectors

B Town
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by B Town » Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:26 am

Make sure you check the lift pump, the oring can fail and fuel can get into the oil from the lift pump.

Best regards, Bruce

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Jim B » Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:37 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if you would end up with more invested in rebuilding and testing of your old injectors than you will replacing them. A pump shop can get injection nozzles (injectors) by application, or JD part number, and the injection pump numbers. If your old ones were not damaged removing them a pump shop could test them and reseal them, if they popped and sprayed ok, that would be about as inexpensive as it gets.

Bruce has a good point on the transfer pump. Those are known to put fuel in the oil by leaking. They are easy, and not too expensive, to replace if there is any doubt.
Jim

Bobonh
40C crawler
40C crawler

Post by Bobonh » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:36 pm

Thanks all good ideas.I didn’t want to put $600 into injectors, especially since the motor is weak. Might just put the old ones back in and hope for the best

Hurlbutt
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by Hurlbutt » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:11 pm

I bought one of those hand operated pumps with the gage to indicate what pressure the injectors pop off at. Being a lever operated pump, the pressure changes quickly when it happens. Mine cost about $80 on ebay I think.

I have used it on my two Chinese tractors. One was a three cylinder with recently replaced injection pump and injectors that ran briefly and sat for a year. The pressure there was almost mid spec. The other, a two cylinder, and those injectors popped below half pressure with three streams going forth. After resetting to mid spec they made a fog when popped. The problem then was that the pump was so shot that it didn't develop enough pressure to pop the injectors. Sometimes you cannot work on only part of a system and have any sort of success.
Bill

Bobonh
40C crawler
40C crawler

Post by Bobonh » Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:59 am

Wow good point Bill thanks and all the others that gave advice