450C Back hoe hook up question

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
stankelly
MC crawler
MC crawler

450C Back hoe hook up question

Post by stankelly » Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:29 am

I am sorry to ask this question but I do know the answer. This is all new to me. I bought a 450c track hoe and I must say I love it. I believe its a 1980 but not sure. My question is this I am thinking there is a supply and return line on the 450 as well as the back hoe. How do I know what one is what? I realize there are male and female connectors on both but nothing has been correct yet. I replaced all the hydraulic lines on the 450 and the back hoe is next as they are not good. I am hoping they are not as difficult as the ones on the 450. That was lots of fun. or not

boaterri
430 crawler
430 crawler

Re: 450C Back hoe hook up question

Post by boaterri » Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:00 pm

The most difficult hoses on the backhoe are the boom cylinder. The cylinder is up inside the boom and you have to remove it to get to the connections. Do able, just a pain in the neck with major swearing.

As far as the main hoses connecting the hoe to the loader, I don't think it matters which is which. Mine go left to right, right to left. The first few times you hook up will be fun, get the two halves about 12-16 inches apart and SHUT THE LOADER OFF, disconnect the hoses butted together and cross connect them.

Enjoy your new machine.

Rick

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: 450C Back hoe hook up question

Post by Jim B » Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:02 pm

Is it on the crawler now? Does it work? You should be able to just plug/unplug the hoe hoses from the crawler. There is generally a male and a female quick disconnect on both the hoe and crawler hoses so that you can just plug them together when the hoe is removed from the crawler. That has to be done to maintain a circuit and not damage the crawler's hydraulic pump. Your operator's manual should cover hoe removal.