Broken crossbar bolts

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
jafunk
MC crawler
MC crawler

Broken crossbar bolts

Post by jafunk » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:08 am

I just bought a jd350 dozer and just noticed when i was under it that the bolts that hold the crossbar to the frame are missing one on the left side and one loose the right side has one missing and one broke. The left side is also missing the two in the side. I can feel threads in the holes. Do the bolt go into the reverser and how long should they be i looked at the parts book but do not see these bolts. I tried a 3/4 bolt and it will just slide in the bolt hole but 7/8 will not go in the crossbar. Just trying to see my best option to fix. Thanks

LeonardL
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: Broken crossbar bolts

Post by LeonardL » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:11 am

I'm not sure I follow exactly where on the machine you are talking about. There is the cross bar towards the rear of the track frames and then the center cross beam in the middle. If it is the bolts that secure the center cross beam or support then here is what I know. The smaller bolts are 5/8" standard thread. The larger bolts are 3/4 inch standard thread. They are grade 8 bolts and they thread into various locations on the track frames and the side frames of the machine. Yes, a couple of them thread into the reverser. As I recall they are on the left side frame located on the side and from the bottom.
There are a few that have nuts and lock washers while others thread into special fixtures that are then bolted to the frames and the reverser. This is hard to explain for me so I suggest you go to (https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/) and look your machine up to find a parts diagram that will show you bolt positions. I hope this helps and good luck.
40 plus years working on JD 350s, 400Gs, 450s and other equipment both Ag and Construction.