450B 4219 Engine Rebuild

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
Shadow717
MC crawler
MC crawler

450B 4219 Engine Rebuild

Post by Shadow717 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:02 pm

First and foremost thank you for the information I have received here.

I have done a complete out of frame rebuild on this engine. got her to fire tonight and she ran great for about 5 seconds and then died. I ran it out of machine with a 12 volt fuel pump plumbed direct to injector pump. I had tested the injectors earlier and had 2 that worked as should and 2 that were probably at about 90%.

i torqued injector hold down clips to manual specs. I have tightened the fuel line to injector as tight as I can using 2 wrenches. I have all of the fuel return lines connected and running back to the fuel can.

I am still getting significant fuel leakage at what I believe the fuel line to injector connection.

Question do the injectors require gas teflon tape or sealant? Is the 12 volt pump pushing too much fuel ( I do not believe this to be the issue as the injector pump should regulate that

Any other thoughts? The service manual has nothing on injectors unless I missed it.

link to engine running is here

https://fb.watch/g4uwjaF94N/

Thank you very much!

Clark
40C crawler
40C crawler

Re: 450B 4219 Engine Rebuild

Post by Clark » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:20 pm

Be sure your 12 volt pump is pumping. Many are not able to lift fuel only push fuel. You will need tp bleed the whole system of air.

Shadow717
MC crawler
MC crawler

Re: 450B 4219 Engine Rebuild

Post by Shadow717 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:37 pm

Thank you for your help.

I have bled the whole system to my knowledge.

It seems I am getting fuel leakage at injector and fuel line connections. I have them as tight as I can get them.