JD 350 / manual to 6 way blade hydraulics

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
Mountaineer101202
MC crawler
MC crawler

JD 350 / manual to 6 way blade hydraulics

Post by Mountaineer101202 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:45 am

New to the group here and thank you for letting me join. I have a john deere 350 manual blade that i have purchase a 6 way blade with all parts needed and i cannot seem to figure out which lines connect where on control spool valve. Trying to attached a few pictures of what I have but not sure it worked. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks all.

LeonardL
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: JD 350 / manual to 6 way blade hydraulics

Post by LeonardL » Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:04 am

First of all welcome to the madness!! :D So a six way is "Up & Down, "Angle Left & Right and "Tilt Up & Down." I don't know if I can explain this without pictures or not but I will try. I am assuming you have the valve either installed or at least to where you can work with it. Hydraulics are all about flow and control so it is a matter of tracing the hydraulic lines that carry the flow of oil to the cylinders and getting them hooked to the correct ports out of the control vale.

What you have is essentially a control valve that is made up of three valves all in one casting. The easiest way to sort this is to pick one of the functions and find which valve in this casting is going to work that function. You have three valves for six directions. Start with the easiest one which is "Up and Down or Raise and Lower."

So move the "T" handle forward and back while keeping it in the middle or straight in the center with the valve. Then watch and find the valve that the "T" handle and linkage is working for up and down. The ports for that function will be in line with the corresponding valve. Once you do this then look for the hydraulic lines that will lead to the lift cylinders. You will have two lines leading out from the valve to each of the two cylinders. Two lines go to each cylinder one raises and the other lowers. There will be four lines total for raise and lower and angle left and right. The tilt function will only have two lines since there is only one cylinder to control.

When you have the valve in the raise position, the lines that lead to the bottom or back end of the cylinders will go to that port. While in the lower position the lines leading to the top or front of the cylinder goes to that correlating port. So two lines will connect to each port on the valve. The fittings on the valve should have two swivels on each fitting for the right and left sides of the machine. Thus allowing two lines to be connected to each port. One from the right side and one from the left. Make sense? This same scenario will work for all of the six way hydraulics.

I hope this helps because it took me two cups of coffee to get it written. :D If I left something out I'm sure someone will come along and fill in the blanks. Good Luck!!
40 plus years working on JD 350s, 400Gs, 450s and other equipment both Ag and Construction.