Track Adjuster Fitting Question

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
mc_mike
430 crawler
430 crawler

Track Adjuster Fitting Question

Post by mc_mike » Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:50 pm

Working on a straight JD 350 can't seem to find the fitting that goes into the track adjuster. This one seems to only have 1 fitting when I search for the part number they all have 2 fittings like a 1010 or a longer fitting that doesn't work (T145145). Anyone know what the part number is that I need for this? I would love to post a picture but haven't figured out how to do that yet...... Thanks, Mike

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: Track Adjuster Fitting Question

Post by Jim B » Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:09 pm

Is this your crawler? Rebuilding or replacing a bad adjuster? Another question, is this a John Deere adjuster tube or aftermarket? About anything is possible if it is aftermarket. Some have the fittings hidden inside a pipe coupling welded to the tube, with a plug covering them.

Most track adjusters have one grease fitting to put grease in through fitting. 1/8" NPT on these if I remember right. The second hole is for a square head set screw (1/2-13 x 2") with a jam nut. In the hole under the set screw is a 3/8" diameter steel ball which seals the passage. That passage is to release grease from the adjuster. I just looked at the parts book and T145145 is the adjuster cylinder tube those parts go into. Here is a link to the page in the online parts catalog.

https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sid ... gId/242118

As for posting pictures. This site has a dedicated picture server you can use by setting up an account for it with Lavoy. (You uploaded pictures to it, then post from there to here - is the condensed version of how it works.) There is detailed info about using it on the Messageboard. Or you can use a third-party hosting site like Imgur, Postimage, or similar to host the pictures you want to post, but you can't go direct from a phone or computer to insert a picture in a post.
Jim