Strange transmission issue. JD 450 C

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
jordanb51
MC crawler
MC crawler

Strange transmission issue. JD 450 C

Post by jordanb51 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:25 pm

I recently bought a 450c. Ive been into the steering clutch housing so I know its actually a "C" model.

I just got the steering fixed and took it out to try it out the first time, It did fine for about 10 minutes. After it got warm it started to pull down really hard. And seemed like it was in reverse and forward at the same time. Press the clutch down 3/4 inch or so and it would start backing up no matter what position the hlr shifter was in. Press the clutch all the way down to disengage the main engine clutch and it stops pulling like it should

Put it in reverse with the clutch up and it pulls like it's supposed to. Back in high or low, and move about 5ft and it starts doing it again.

Leads me to believe I've got clutch manifold problems.

LeonardL
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: Strange transmission issue. JD 450 C

Post by LeonardL » Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:16 pm

You need to check your adjustments and all of the shift linkage to make sure everything is lining up and engaging properly. However that being said it does point to you're getting pressure to both directions at the same time. So the manifold would be my suspect as well. Good luck!!
40 plus years working on JD 350s, 400Gs, 450s and other equipment both Ag and Construction.