Backhoe

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
TuolumneGuy
40C crawler
40C crawler

Backhoe

Post by TuolumneGuy » Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:21 am

I ran a 450 c with a backhoe for a couple years i think the later style hoe and it had standard backhoe controls like im used to .the 450 i have now has what i think they call the A series or the older style hoe and the controls are set up like excavator or jd controls.can i just swap the lines around to set it up like standard backhoe controls ??

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: Backhoe

Post by Jim B » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:13 pm

I will say you can, if the hose ports are the same size. If the valve sections have port relief valves you might have to reset those to the right pressure for the function.

TuolumneGuy
40C crawler
40C crawler

Post by TuolumneGuy » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:40 am

Good info thanks .2 other things ..im also wondering about my backhoe swinging all the way to the left by itself .not real hard like when i pull the control that direction but definitely alot faster than just gradually drifting that way from its own weight.im guessing thats just in that valve itself?.
The other thing is i dont really know what hoe it is .it has a deck on either side ( which is nice for getting on amd off)and that whole assembly is like a big slider and looks like the backhoe could be slid all the way to one side or the other and the outriggers swing down from under that. So is that set up just one particular backhoe model ?

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Jim B » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:45 pm

Is the swing operated by a rotary cylinder, not two opposing cylinders? The problem is likely wear in that rotary cylinder not as much the control valve. You also say the hoe assembly can slide side to side. It sounds like a model 95 or 95A backhoe attachment. It would have had an ID tag on it originally. I think they were somewhere on the right side (left side if sitting in the backhoe operator's seat) of the hoe's base frame. Most manufacturers had some hoes that could slide to the side, offsetting it allowed digging in a straight line when digging alongside a wall or such.

Look online for pictures of John Deere model 95 and 95A backhoes on 450 crawlers. You can study the online parts catalog as well. Parts Catalog PC864 covers the 93, 93A, 94, 95, and 95A backhoes.

PC864

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Jim B » Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:45 am

You can download Construction and Forestry equipment operator manuals for free at: https://www.johndeeretechinfo.com/

Here are 3 manuals you might want to download and check out to see what matches your backhoe. OMT33825 for the 93A and 95A attachments, OMU40033 for the 93 and 95 attachments, and OMU41396 for the 93A, 94A, and the 95A attachments.

On the technical information homepage type one of those numbers into the Search Term box in the center of the top selections, then click the search icon next to it. It should bring up the manual for you to download. Then you can do the same for the other two. Hopefully those will help you narrow down what model your backhoe might be.