JD 450C pressure issues

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
HD flatlander
MC crawler
MC crawler

JD 450C pressure issues

Post by HD flatlander » Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:43 pm

I'm about to wits end and I need help. I have replaced the engine clutch, low range clutch they were both burnt, sent the manifold of and had it replaced. I have also replaced the pressure lines to the brakes as well. After all that I can't get my pressure to stay up. It will work great till it gets warm then it starts acting up. If I turn, it will stop the machine then if I keep going and put a load to it, it will bog down or stop. I have done the adjustments correctly as far as I can understand them. I don't know what else to try or look at. The only thing I have left that I know of is the steering spool valve. Does anyone have any advise. Thanks

LeonardL
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: JD 450C pressure issues

Post by LeonardL » Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:03 am

I know this is late and you have probably moved on. Sorry for the late reply and I'm also sorry I'm not going to be much help. It has been forever since I was last around a 450 with transmission issues. But... I suspect you have engagement pressure issues. It could even be something in the clutch packs. The only machine I worked on that had similar issues had a bypass valve sticking after it got hot. I know this isn't much help but I'm afraid you will have to go back inside this thing to find the issue. Not what you want to hear. For what it is worth... good luck.
40 plus years working on JD 350s, 400Gs, 450s and other equipment both Ag and Construction.