Looking to purchase a 450c and sell 555a

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: Looking to purchase a 450c and sell 555a

Post by Jim B » Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:07 pm

The ring around the adjuster is part of the spring from the looks of the parts catalog drawing. I don't know if it is setting just right, but don't think it or that you backed the brake off, is your problem. Here is a link to the page and you can see the loop on the spring (item key # 5).

https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sid ... gId/200780

With you saying now the engine lugs and tightens the tracks sounds like a clutch is dragging, I would guess it would be a forward one as you posted it moves harder in reverse. I would check linkages and adjustment and do a full round of pressure checks. You may need multiple gauges to monitor more than one clutch at a time.

One of the other fellows might see this and have another idea.

Airman89
40C crawler
40C crawler

Post by Airman89 » Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:03 pm

Jim B wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:07 pm
The ring around the adjuster is part of the spring from the looks of the parts catalog drawing. I don't know if it is setting just right, but don't think it or that you backed the brake off, is your problem. Here is a link to the page and you can see the loop on the spring (item key # 5).

https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sid ... gId/200780

With you saying now the engine lugs and tightens the tracks sounds like a clutch is dragging, I would guess it would be a forward one as you posted it moves harder in reverse. I would check linkages and adjustment and do a full round of pressure checks. You may need multiple gauges to monitor more than one clutch at a time.

One of the other fellows might see this and have another idea.
Thanks for all the info Jim. I would say it lugs equally now in reverse and low. Before, there was no lugging in low and it felt great..

I’m going to go over all of the adjustments on Tuesday. Is there a best order or process for all of the adjustments? From what I see, correct me if I’m wrong, it looks like adjusting in the following order is best. Top first, bottom last.

Clutch pedal
HLR linkage
HLR pressure and speed of shift
Steering clutch and brake
Brake pedal

Is this correct? Or does the order not matter?

crawling
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by crawling » Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:59 pm

$13,000 for a fully operational 450c with a backhoe and front loader ain't bad, especially if it's got fresh paint and the guy claims he's sorted out the major issues. I'd say go for it if you're tired of the project grind and want something that runs out of the gate. Not sure about the parts availability on the 450c, but maybe dig around online.