350C steering issues.

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
AUkevin
MC crawler
MC crawler

350C steering issues.

Post by AUkevin » Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:43 pm

Hello everybody!

I’ve been reading & searching this forum for a long time.. I’ve got a 350C that I inherited from my father in law a couple years ago. It’s always had a steering issue, meaning it doesn’t turn very well. Usually I have to go forward & backwards several times to get turned. Now if you going up a hill it will turn left and right normal like it should.

When I first got it had water in the hydraulics and I’ve changed all the fluids and filters that I can find.

I have the manual. I just haven’t figured it out.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: 350C steering issues.

Post by Jim B » Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:37 pm

First thing I am going to ask is, are you certain it is a C model, confirmed by the serial number? We need to be sure as the C had wet steering clutches and brakes, the straight 350s and the Bs had dry steering systems.

Is this a dozer or loader?

In first gear forward, if you push against something that won't move and you pull back on the right steering lever, does the right track stop? Does the left track spin when the right side's lever is pulled? Next pull back on the left steering lever, does the left track stop? Does the right track spin when the left side's lever is pulled?

If the tracks stop and spin as they should, I suspect issues with the brakes. Check it out and let us know how it acts.

AUkevin
MC crawler
MC crawler

Re: 350C steering issues.

Post by AUkevin » Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:55 pm

Yes 100% a C. 350CG 3366301. I’ll try that. It’s a dozer.

It will be a couple weeks before I’m able to try anything.