Fuel tank cleaning

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
drssink
MC crawler
MC crawler

Fuel tank cleaning

Post by drssink » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:20 pm

85 450E, Almost there! Have replaceed all fluids/filters, replaced every missing bolt I can see, welded on it, fixed electrical wiring issues,new gauges,idler seals, installed new blade/tilt bushings,new blade Pivot pin,flipped cutting edge to new side, rebuilt 2 hydraulic cylinders, replaced a few hydraulic hoses,,replaced massively worn out oil leaking turbo (with India version),Winch leaked oil out of bottom access plate as quickly as you put fluid in,cleaned pickup screen-crossed my fingers...resealed access plate ..works like a champ! Machine is totally functional now. Still plan on taking HLR shift lever and linkage out and blade levers/linkage out and redoing they are beyond sloppy.

I am absolutely positve the fuel tank needs to be drained and cleaned. Currently the drain for tank is a rotten rubber boat plug.
The fuel shutoff valve under operators seat is covered wirth JB weld or epoxy...guess it leaked. I'm also sure the little screen filter inside tank will be a mess if even there. All that will be replaced correctly. I do not plan to physically remove the fuel tank. So heres my question? :?: :?: What procedure/process have you found is easiest way to clean the inside of the tank of the gunk and debris which has to be there?????? ...how do you dry it out before putting fresh fuel back in it?.....Simple is usually best!!!!! Thanks